It’s been wild long since I wrote about Astrology and I started thinking that since I have become a serious practitioner and student of it that I need to integrate it more into my posts here at The Illy Vish Files. That being said, I decided that every week I will compile the best sources for understanding the astrological happenings occurring and post links to them here. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran in understanding astrological concepts or a noob, I wanted to make an understandable weekly guide to finding out what the stars have in store for you.
It is important to understand that Astrology is built upon the premise “As above, so below” and as such, taking into account what is going on in the sky above helps us deal with what is going on down here on Earth below. I encourage any of you reading to become familiar with you natal or birth chart. I wrote a post awhile back about my own natal chart and understanding the basic parts of yours. To read it, click here. Since we all have natal charts that are unique and specific to our moment of birth, I stress the importance of being familiar with yours so that may understand how the current astrological happenings are affecting you directly. Unfortunately, horoscopes in newspapers and magazines only take into account your sun sign and assume it’s in your First House. If that sounded like gibberish to you, my apologies. But basically, typical horoscopes are incomplete and way too general.
This week brings with it several happenings:
- The LAST QUARTER MOON will happen on Thursday, May 18, 2017, at 8:33 PM EDT.
- The Sun will leave Taurus where it has been from April 19 on, Saturday, May 20, 2017 and enter Gemini until Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
- Mercury leaves Aries, where it has been since April 20 and enters Taurus on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 and is direct, in its post-retrograde shadow until May 20th. It will stay in the sign of the bull until Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
- Venus remains direct and in its post-retrograde shadow until May 18th, 2017. Venus ill stay in Aries until Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
- Saturn in Sagittarius trines Uranus in Aries on Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- Venus in Aries opposes Jupiter in Libra on Friday, May 19, 2017.
For a rundown of the transits and changes happening this week, as well at horoscopes based on your Sun Sign and Rising/Ascendant sign check out Chani Nicholas’ post. I find Chani’s explanations of what we are experiencing astrologically to be very intuitive and clear.
And David Palmer aka The Leo King’s video The Leo King Talk: Sun Square The Nodes, Mercury and Venus Leave Shadow May 17-21 2017 for a breakdown of the week below:
Also, check out The Peace Dealer’s video Divine RPG Update and Transit Forecast below for some truly insightful information:
Here’s to hoping you have a peaceful, positive, productive week!